Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Stop Motion Animation of Falling

Hello All,

Here is the video:



And here is the explanation of my process:

The first thing I had to do when making this video was PLAN PLAN PLAN. I figured out all the shots I wanted and the path of action, how I will frame everything and then just went at it.

The objects I used were as follows: 2 Cans wrapped in artist tape (to hide their identity form the scary copy right people), some clear tape, a ruler, and my camera. I used two cans because one would have to be a can that was in tact and the other was the stunt can which had to be crushed to show squash and stretch.



After I was done shooting all the individual pictures I had to do some Adobe Photoshop editing to get my body out of some of the shots.

Before Photoshop:



After Photoshop:




After all the pictures were good to go I then imported them in Adobe Premier. I adjusted the timing for each picture (pretty tedious) and edited the movie with music and sound effects.

That is all, If you have anymore questions, please post it in the comments and I will answer it asap!

thanks!

2 comments:

  1. You rotopainted yourself out of each frame in Photoshop?! Wow! Should have painted yourself green simplify the process. The motion looks great, which is the most important thing. Excellent job at all levels.
    Believability: 12 out of 12 points
    Creativity: 8 out of 8 points
    Total: 20 out of 20 points

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus 20 bonus point for being selected by John Clapp as one of the top three animations in the class. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete